Manager, Sponsorship & Events
This job posting is no longer active
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
BCAA is hiring for a temporary full-timeManager, Sponsorship & Events (for a 13 month term) who will be responsible for the creation of the BCAA's event strategy and the delivery of all events; from concept to execution. The role will be responsible for delivering select events, from large scale initiatives requiring significant planning and preparation to smaller impromptu activities with a focus on planning and operational excellence.
BCAA's Sponsorship & Events department is actively involved in events that create engagement, trust and value for our Members, our staff and our communities.
Currently, these events fall into three main areas:
- Enforcing BCAA's 3 Pillars: Trust, Community and Savings through external Sponsorships & Events - Engaging market activations to support our existing sponsorships, partnerships and supporting marketing and community campaigns.
- Taking us to a higher level of business performance - Strategic planning events, internal recognition awards programs and events focused on performance updates and business achievement celebrations.
- Making BCAA a great place to work - Internal events that build a culture focused on fun, appreciation and positive team member interactions and connections.
Key Responsibilities Include
Lead execution of BCAA's Corporate Events Programs and Sponsorship Activations
- With input and approval from Senior Leadership and CEO, guide the strategic direction of BCAA's corporate events strategy
- Recommend, manage and reconcile department budgets
- Resourcing and delivery structure for the effective and efficient delivery of seamless and successful events
- Oversee the negotiation of contracts for services, ensures appropriate approvals are obtained, approves invoices within delegated authority, maintains financial records of events, prepares or reviews final billing for the event and related reports
- Works closely with the senior and executive teams to define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans that promote BCAA's brand
- Partners with People & Development team to help define the cultural alignment of BCAA's Corporate Event strategy
- Partners with the Rewards and Sponsorship teams to develop and execute Member focused activations as part of BCAA's ongoing partnerships
- Determines when subcontractor services are required and recommends appropriate sourcing to Senior Leadership
- Negotiates agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Ensure that the internal event calendar is up to date and communicate events internally
- Continually thinks of ways to improve and brand the event experience and process
- Manage all required event materials (printed material, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, name tags, couriers, etc.) with business units Manages the coordination of event services (e.g., accommodation and transportation for participants, food and beverage, signage, displays, translation services, audio-visual equipment, printing, security) and deals with any problems that arise.
- Travels as required to inspect premises pre-event and is typically on site during event delivery
- Ongoing evaluation and adjustment of plan strategies and tactics as needed
- Establish ongoing success metrics and measurement tools
Manage External Staffing for all BCAA events
- Manage the recruitment along with BCAA's Recruitment Team to recruit and hire top caliber Brand Ambassadors
- Optimize productivity and staffing levels for the Brand Ambassador Team, avoiding overtime, but ensuring appropriate coverage for events
- Manage the relationship with external staffing vendors including invoicing, contractual elements and team performance metrics
- Develop comprehensive training programs ensuring up to date product knowledge and exceptional customer experiences
- Set clear expectations and hold team members accountable for achieving defined objectives prior to the events and during regular check-ins at the events
- Work with external vendor to approve and manage Brand Ambassador Team payroll, mileage and expenses
- University Degree, or similar credentials in Marketing, Communications or Event Management
- A minimum of seven years of event and project management experience, preferably producing high-profile events with a background in corporate events
- Proven experience managing intimate as well as large, complex event formats, with full ownership responsibilities for planning, budget and execution
- Experience in recommending, developing and executing strategic communications plans
- Demonstrated management in leading cross-functional teams as well as developing collaborative working relationships with senior management, their direct reports, business leaders and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated communications skills (verbal/written), including directly presenting and consulting with senior leaders, including CEO level
- Proven results delivering programs successfully and seamlessly on time and on budget, measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of programs
- Proven organizational skills; high attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects to completion
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
Temp Full Time (TFT)
Head Office (Burnaby)
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Location: Head Office, BC Canada
Updated: November 16, 2017